Monday, December 12, 2011

If there was any control before...well, it's gone now.

Last semester, due to an inordinate amount of stress placed upon me by this wonderful school that I love so much, I wrote a post about my inability to control my emotions. Namely the fact that I lost control of my tear ducts and they instantaneously erupted into an impressive geyser just because I was talking about my love for Little Women. I am afraid that not much has changed since last April.

The Lion King is a movie I haven't seen since I was a young cub myself, but today I experienced it anew. The movie never ever had much of an emotional affect on me as a child, but all of that changed when I discovered with these new "adult eyes" some deeper thematic issues, that the younger Kelly never picked up on. Mufasa died, and I bawled like a baby. I cried harder than Simba, and Simba is Mufasa's son. I feel like he has every right to cry more than I did, but for the sake of time in the film, he only was given a few measly minutes, while I on the other hand made up for the lost time with a half-hour's worth of irrepressible sobs.

But now unfortunately, other emotions are coming into play as the last week of the year is upon me, and as I finished up the cursed two-week period from Hades. My stress is now being displayed through these various means:

1. Alarming bouts of competitiveness
2. Inability to be touched by another human being without wincing and/or yelping
3. Severe irrationality
4. Colossal fits of sarcasm
5. Boisterous temper tantrums
6. Unsupervised planning of diabolical schemes (See No. 3)
7. Lack of desire to put on pajamas or to change clothes ever
8. Excessive use of the following phrases and/or words: "What the devil?" "Mother of pearl." "Hoity-toity." "Mamby-pamby." "Wishy-washy."

Disclaimer: I was very tired when I wrote this post, so I may not be entirely accountable for all that was said above. Add extreme exhaustion to the list. But don't fret, it will all be over on Friday, and then it's home to the Land of Sunshine and Happiness.

3 comments:

  1. Home to the "Land of Sunshine & Happiness? It's overcast and gray here with promise of rain, sleet, & snow! HaHaHa! I'm afraid that was just what happened to me when I read your paper about my Mama: "I lost control of my tear ducts and they instantaneously erupted into impressive geysers" "Water was coming out of my eyes and making me cry!" Hopefully we both get control before you come home or there will be double the competitiveness, sarcasm, & temper tantrums! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that one time when I was reading about you getting emotional when Mufasa died and I started tearing up? We make a great team.

    ReplyDelete