Thursday, April 14, 2011

Breaking it Down

Yesterday I had every intention of not writing again until this semester was officially over. We are at least one step closer. I'm trying to write my last paper of the semester, so naturally. . .I am not doing that right now.


The stress of the semester's end bring with it a torrent of unnecessary emotions. These emotions took over my normaly steel-caged heart on Sunday night.


A great friend from the ward, and fellow English major came to visit me. (Mostly because I demanded that she come visit me). We began to talk about books (naturally) and as we discussed Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Jane Eyre, The Book Thief, etc., several other friends/roommates filtered in. Said friend and I decided it would be a good idea to share with each other which books and/or movies make us cry. I can count the number of books that have made me cry on one hand: Little Women (the very first book that EVER made me cry), Where the Red Fern Grows, and The Book Thief. I count the movies on the other hand: Little Women, Remember the Titans, A Little Princess, and Titanic. (Now before you go all crazy, I only watched Titanic because I love the story of the ship. Not any of that Leonardo DeCaprio and Kate Winslet crap.)


As I was talking about this subject on that fateful Sunday night, with friends gathered all around me, I began to describe the beauty of Little Women. I was talking about the scene where Beth dies (Yes, Beth dies in the end. I'm sorry if I ruined it for you) and I just began to bawl my little eyes out. I couldn't even control it, and it was horrifying. My roommates looked at me in concern, because Kelly crying in public is pretty. . .well, it's not very often that an even like that happens. I got a concerned and unsure pat on the back from the guy next to me, and then I retreated to my room where I listened to the Little Women soundtrack over and over again and kept crying.


And that's what happens when I am too stressed out for my own good.

BEWARE!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly...We're all emotional and it's okay! Don't worry. At least you have an excuse. Stress can do that to you. And so can Beth dying! She died! It's sooo SAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that she died! Every time, I am just sure she'll pull through somehow. I think I need to stick my head in the freezer sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year down and a scholarship in the bag. Way to go! You should be proud of yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete