Friday, December 16, 2011

When all is said and done.

There comes a time in every semester where one is utterly satisfied. It is the moment when every final and every project is finished, and grades do not matter because they have not been posted yet. This period is incredibly ideal.

At the moment, I can't think of a better feeling, than to be satisfied with your own efforts. Usually, I fight to keep myself from feeling this satisfaction because I know (in retrospect) I could have spent more hours in the library and less reading Anne Frank, I could have paid more attention in class and paid less towards the other shenanigans I was looking forward to. But I am satisfied now. And I will think those thoughts another day. If others aren't quite as satisfied with my performance, that doesn't matter at the moment. I am satisfied with me. I mean, I sprinted (clad in woolen coat and heavy boots) through BYU campus to turn in one of my final projects because I was not going to be late. That was pretty satisfying. And no one can't say that I didn't do my best.

And what makes it all better is the fact that I know that I will be home soon. Home. And that is more satisfying than anything else.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Just got a visual of you running across campus in a plaid coat with boots, rushing to turn in a final or paper. Great visual. Miss you and your hilarious self! xo

    ReplyDelete