Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Rain and My Hair


It rained yesterday. I love the rain. Except, the puddles are massive on South Campus and it is very nearly impossible to avoid them while carrying a cello that is very nearly as tall as I am. So my pant legs were wet all day and my feet were cold, but all in all, it was a wonderful day. Oh, but something absolutely horrid happens to my hair when it rains. In the first place I have the thickest head of hair I've ever encountered (not that I've encountered many heads of hair, but you know), and to make that even better, it is curly. It's not just a few waves no, it's a massive torrent of thick, crazy curls. So naturally when it rains it gets even curlier and poofier than before. If that even seems possible. It's was very Medusa-esque yesterday. Quite attractive. My hair has been compared to a bush, a tumbleweed, and a lion's mane (that wasn't all yesterday mind you). Flattering isn't it? But I am very grateful for my hair. It's part of my personality, and I would look really really funny without out. So thank you hair. Even though you can be hard to control, you keep my scalp covered.

P.S. Don't pray for moisture, pray for rain! "Moisture is what happens under your armpits!"
-Uncle Sank

P.P.S. Sorry about the random post! Lynnette comes home tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. this has nothing to do with your post, but isn't this dress cute? (i'm thinking the black and white one)
    http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Butterick_6015

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, my word verification was "bustsho"! HA HA HAA!!!

    ReplyDelete