Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Treasure Box

On Sunday I taught the lesson in Relief Society. I had the girls answer this question on a small piece of paper and put it in my little red velvet box: "What has the gospel done for you, or what principle of the gospel has blessed you life?" This is what they said:

  • The Word of Wisdom. Realizing my Heavenly Father gave me a beautiful body to take care of.
  • The gospel has blessed me so much in my life. I can talk to my Heavenly Father anytime I want. I think that without the power of prayer my life would be much harder. Our relationship with Heavenly Father is very important.
  • The principle of prayer has helped me the most in my life whenever I have had struggles I have prayed for help and every time my prayer has been answered.
  • Repentance. "Nothing I've done in my past can condemn me now if I'm living the gospel today." In my darkest days I know all I have to do to be happy is repent.
  • The gospel (and particularly the knowledge of the atonement) brings me hope. Knowing that I can be forgiven for mistakes and sins allows wonderful joy to fill my life.
  • The Gospel has helped me strive to become more like the Savior. "Be perfect, even as I am." I know that this is possible because of the teachings of the Gospel.
  • I would definitely have to say that the gospel has helped me keep an eternal perspective. Helped me not make decisions that are only in the moment.
  • The gospel has given me a loving and supporting family that I can have for eternity.
  • It helped me to be positive about life. I would be really lonely if it wasn't for my friends in the Church.
  • The principle of repentance and forgiveness--the chance to change and try again (and again).
  • Has helped me know God and my relationship with him. I am his daughter and I have a purpose and a plan for my life.
  • Brought smiles and happiness (the real kind). Repentance and forgiveness have blessed my life.
  • It has given me good reason to change for the better constantly.
  • The gospel has blessed me with the strength and knowledge that we will be with our family for all eternity. It has also blessed me with the knowledge that we are never alone. Heavenly Father is always with us.
  • The gospel has blessed me with comfort, and the ability to make it through all circumstances with a positive outlook on things. He has blessed me with the knowledge of why I am here and what I need to do to get back to Him.
  • The gospel has helped me be more social through the many activities and meetings we have! :) :)
  • The power of repentance in the gospel has blessed my life. It allows me to grow, improve, and draw closer to my Savior.
  • It is through the gospel that I am able to know who I am, where I came from, and what my purpose is on this earth.
  • The gospel has given me an understanding of who I am and why I'm here ant that means the world to me.
  • Tithing has always been a HUGE blessing for me in my life. I know that no matter how tight things are financially, if I pay my tithing, it all works out. The feeling of peace and the assurance I get when I pay my tithing is WELL worth the 10% price tag. :)
  • The gospel has taught me to serve others and love them as my brothers and sisters and to serve no matter what.
  • Prayer.
  • The gospel changes every aspect of my life the choices I make everyday prayer, scriptures, choosing the right in every choice I make. Being obedient is very important.
  • The Gospel has blessed my life in many ways but one thing it has done for me is it makes me a happier person knowing that I always have someone to turn to.
  • Modesty.
  • The gospel has helped me understand exactly who I am, and my purpose in life. This brings so much joy and blessings to my life.
  • The Atonement.
  • The gospel gives me a hope for the future. It is such a comfort to know that God is in complete control. Prayer is just one principle that has helped me and blessed my life. Our Heavenly Father is always there and hears our prayers and wants to help us. Prayers really are answered. Just have faith! :)
  • The gospel has helped me to strive to follow the example of our Savior. I am trying to think of others instead of myself.
  • I have always had a healthy body. I've never had a serious sickness or injury and I think it's because I've tried to be good and do what I'm supposed to do.
  • I KNOW that everyday is an opportunity to BE BETTER. No matter your previous mistakes, the Lord can help you change today.
  • Priesthood.
  • It has guided me through life. Helped me make important decisions.
  • The gospel has provided opportunities for me to grow, serve, and learn a myriad of things both temporally and spiritually.
  • The gospel has brought me peace, happiness, and a whole new way to look at life. My testimony and the opportunity of hearing others bear their testimony is something that has affected and blessed me so much. It is what keeps me going. :)
  • It has brought me peace, love, knowledge, power, and TRUE HAPPINESS.
  • The gospel has made me realize my true potential and has been able to comfort me when I feel I am alone.
  • My family has been the most important thing in my life. We are always there for each other and follow each other's example. I know that without the gospel in our lives, we wouldn't be able to rely on each other's faith. I'm so grateful that I'll be with them for eternity.
  • It's made me into the person i always wanted to be and gave me strength to overcome anything that may cross my path.
  • The gospel of the Lord has kept me strong through all my trials and hardships. The gospel is a comfort to me when life seems not worth living.
  • The gospel has taught me Heavenly Father loves me and everyone enough to want everyone to return to him and live with him for all eternity.
  • It has taught me how to truly be happy and how to gain eternal happiness!
  • The gospel has brought peace and happiness in my life. It has brought me a new found love for everyone and a desire to serve. The atonement is the principle that has blessed my life the most.
  • The gospel has brought me so much peace, especially because of the Atonement.
  • It has given me joy in life that I couldn't have gotten any other way.
  • I think that the most important aspect of the gospel to me is the priesthood. There have been countless times in my life where a blessing has helped me so much, and where it has helped my family so much. I'm very grateful to have priesthood holders in my home and in my life.

I'm so grateful for what my sisters in the Gospel have said. Everything that they have said is absolutely the truth, and their words are kept in my red velvet box and it is now a treasure box. I also know that this Gospel is true. It has blessed me more than I can ever describe. I have felt the blessings of my Savior's Atonement for me, and I will forever be grateful. I am grateful to know that when I die, I do not cease to exist. I am an eternal being and I have the potential and the opportunity to become an exalted celestial being with my family. I know that when I feel alone and scared my Savior is there. My Heavenly Father wants me to be happy and he has provided a way for me to be so. I know it is true. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..."

2 comments:

  1. wow. that IS a treasure box! i hope you give a copy out to the sisters in your ward. those are awesome. and it's true! everything they mentioned. it's all true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! You didn't call us on Sunday, but you posted a great blog! The sisters in your Ward are very in tune with what is really important! That is so great! I'm glad you associate with people who know what is true and what is really real! Hope you are doing great! It must have been an awesome lesson! Good job!

    ReplyDelete