Monday, August 11, 2014

Another thing to cross off the bucket list.

Like many, I too have a bucket list. It includes such things as learn how to draw (can one learn to draw if one has no natural inclination whatsoever?), ride a camel across a desert, and speak five different languages (as long as I invent four out of those five, this seems almost doable). Needless to say, not many things on my bucket list have actually been accomplished. However, I bring glad tidings for I can officially check off another item on that list. 

  • Be an EFY counselor. 
I had settled on being an EFY counselor when I went to EFY myself in 2007 because I had the most wonderful counselor named Ellie. I decided then and there that I would essentially become Ellie. Every year since I became eligible to be a counselor, my plans were thwarted in one way or another, but finally this year it happened (I admit to becoming slightly bitter and resentful towards EFY counselors for a short period of time). But now after nine weeks and over 200 different youth, I can count this goal as accomplished. 
 

Yes, it's all backwards, I know. 
It may seem selfish, but I feel this summer was as much for me as it was for the youth. This past year had brought out a few of my more unsavory qualities (which I will not divulge here), and EFY helped me to cease focusing on myself and serve others which has put me back in good humor. I made wonderful, lifelong friends will fellow counselors and met some of the most extraordinary youth. It was an incredible experience. Besides feeling a bit rundown and excruciatingly tired of certain songs, I feel back to my old self. And even better. 

Shadow Week: Me, Tanner, Ian, Olivia, & Marshall
Best EFY Buddies: Reagan & Lauren
First Co-ship, Provo 2A: Bryson, Me, & Lauren
Provo 2A
Provo 2A
It was my birthday, so my good friend Brett deigned to take a selfie with me. Happy 24th to me!
Flagstaff 1

Flagstaff 2

Provo 6B: Me & Josh (the sweetest human being on the planet)

Provo 6B

Provo 8A

Provo 8A: Payton & moi 

Provo 8A

Cedar City

Cedar City

Cedar City: Me, Jose, & Amber

Provo 10A: Me & Caden

Provo 10A

Twin Falls: Me & Taylor

Twin Falls


"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness." 
-Doctrine & Covenants 58:27

3 comments:

  1. We're so grateful that you had this wonderful opportunity! Onward & upward to more great experiences on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I am so glad that you got to be a counselor. I always thought that would be a great experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to post more often! You should break down your favorite sessions. I'd love to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete