Friday, October 12, 2012

Living wealthily in October.

Can you believe that it is October? It's such a blissfully confusing month. It is the height of autumn and soon will begin the rapid descent into winter. One day last week I wore a t-shirt and flip-flops, by the next I was wearing multiple sweaters and thick socks. I love that about October, it's ability to surprise you.

Everything about October is bittersweet, but in a good way. Like dark chocolate, rich and smooth. And when October sneaks up on me (which it does well) I am so glad to have it back again, and yet dreading the end of the year and the reminder that I am my time is running short.

In less than two months I will graduate and all of this will be over. It is a sad sort of triumph. Graduating is a wonderful idea, but I will miss it. Especially if this is the end of my Provo days. I think people (myself included) get too caught up in embracing future changes, we want to move forward and leave the past behind (which is only right to a certain extent). But if you do not regret the change, did you ever really love the past?

-KB

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I never thought about change quite like that before. "If you do not regret the change, did you ever really love the past?" Insightful.

    You're sticking around after you graduate, right? If only to cheer Holly through her last semester? I probably won't see you at the CBO anymore after this December, huh. That's sort of sad.

    ReplyDelete