Monday, January 10, 2011

Outspoken and a Bit Tactless

I have a gift. A gift I wouldn't mind being rid of. I am a tactless human being. Naturally, when I am being tactless, I have to be speaking at the loudest volume as is appropriate for any public place. Maybe sometimes louder than that.

Because of this "gift" many have thought me to annoying, inconsiderate, and sometimes just plain mean. Let me attach some related incidents that beautifully illustrate my tactless ability:

Incident #1

During the first semester of my college career, I was watching Enchanted with a boy I liked, and a couple of "dorm-mates" and a couple of their friends. We shared our names all around: Kelly, Serena, Brad, Davi, Eddie, Alyssa, etc. The movie began, and the characters were introduced: Giselle, Edward, Pip, the scary queen, that fat guy who is always the servant of someone...
I stirred through the bowl of popcorn attempting to find the M&M's buried in its depths. Then of course, I commented loudly, "Hmmm....I like the name Edward. Not Ed or Eddie though. Those are poor excuses for names." No one acknowledged my comment, and I continued to sift through the popcorn. A few seconds passed, and Brad leaned over and whispered into my ear, "Kelly, I'm pretty sure that that guy sitting over there is named Eddie." I pretended like I didn't hear him and played nonchalantly with the popcorn the rest of the evening.

Incident #2

This past semester, Lou and I were meandering across campus admiring the changing leaves. Lou exclaimed, "Don't you just want to take a picture of this?" I glanced around, taking in the scene, and noticed one bike on the rack with the seat covered by a large white trash bag. "You even want a picture of that bike with the trash bag on it?" I laughed loudly. A deep voice from directly behind us asked, "You like my bike huh?" I assured him that I really did as he ceremoniously climbed onto his plastic-protected seat.

Maybe I should keep my opinions to myself from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Kelly you crack me up! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly those two stories are the reasons why we are such great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahah, i busted up at that. I miss your loud and obstrusive comments kell!

    ReplyDelete