Tuesday, October 12, 2010

B is for Blessing

I am a straight A student. I am bold enough to state that on a public blog. (Yes, I know that only my family reads it). I have never gotten a B in a class in the entirety of the 15 years I have been going to school. Well, alright. I did get a B the first quarter of freshman PE, but that was only because Coach Morgan didn't know I was on the soccer team (it wasn't for lack of trying). Once he found out that I was on the soccer team, I got an A every remaining quarter of the year. Oh, and I guess I did get a B my first semester of Theatre Dance in college, but I don't know how that happened because the teacher loved me....maybe I'll ask her about that one of these days....

The point being: I am a good student and I have worked hard to get nothing (mostly) but A's. I even got A's in physics and chemistry, but I owe that all to a higher power because I had no idea what was going on in those classes. Even so, getting an A in a class or on a paper feels very much like getting a huge gold star stuck to the middle of your forehead, and B's well it feels like the word "mediocrity" stamped on your forehead with permanent ink.

This week I have gotten three B's. One on my history paper, and two on different midterms. I'll tell you what, 83 is an ugly number compared to 93. But, those B's will not get the best of me. I gave on honest effort on all the work I put into that paper and those tests and if a B is what I get out of it so be it. I honestly feel lucky that I survived with B's. So this week, B is for Blessing. After all, it is better than having to wear a dunce cap and embroidering a glaring F onto all your clothing. Is that policy instituted anywhere? If so, remind me to never go there.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Kelly! B is still better than C too! And then there's still D before F! I think you are doing just fine. :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete