Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweaty Betty and the Weekend of Papers

This post is kind of gross, so by all means, don't say I didn't warn you.
I haven't stopped sweating since I arrived in Utah.
To be frank, I wasn't expecting to sweat at all. In fact I was fairly confident that I would be living a sweat-free life as long as I was in Utah. Sweating is what we do in Arizona. I thought it was pretty exclusive. I guess I was just a little disillusioned because I really had no idea...
I am living my life in a constant state of dampness. I walk to school and the weather is perfect for a late September morning, a little bit chilly even, but I am guaranteed to arrive at class perspiring. I'm pretty sure that when I take off my backpack there is a perfect outline of where it was sitting. I'm always tempted to ask the people arround me if they can tell that I'm sweating on top of my shoulders, but that just might be a little less than socially acceptable. But just so we're clear, the walk to school isn't hard. I don't arrive at class out of breath, just sweaty. So if any of you are wondering why I'm not engaged yet, this is why. There's always an explanation for everything, but I have no idea why I'm sweating so much...
Along with the general, normal (but still gross) everyday sweat, this weekend will be accompanied by the "paper-writing" sweat. So if any of you were wondering, (because I knew you were) I will be spending this weekend in a tub of ice whilst I write my all so important papers.
Remind me again why I'm an English major?
Maybe that's why I sweat...

2 comments:

  1. Dad says: "Keep sweating, Kell!" :)

    I still can't get into your blog. I have to fire up my laptop to get it! Keep updating! Hope you are doing great! Good luck on the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, girls don't sweat, they glisten! :)

    ReplyDelete