Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In This Place

This place has made me dehydrated. I wasn't lacking for water in Arizona and I probably drank less there, but Utah has dried me up like a raisin. Not like the ones that are still plump and juicy, but the ones that have been sitting in the box for so long they are eternally stuck together in a big rock-like lump. So as I was searching for something I could guzzle down my parched throat, my roommate turned on some snappy music so loud that her iHome speakers were crackling. It made me think of how great today was. I went to the Mt. Timpanogas temple with my sister and remembered when I was there before. It was the first temple I had ever been to and I got to see every part of it because it was the open house. I love that temple! While I was waiting for my sister to finish her session, a little family came out dressed in their white temple clothes after being sealed together forever. Oh happy day!
This afternoon, Lynnette dropped me off at the Wilkie so I could take that blasted office skills test. The lady was kind enough to let me take it even though they were supposed to be finishing up the testing for the day. I sat down at the computer pretty confident in my office skills. But au contraire! (Is that how it is spelled? You speak French right?) Apparently, one has to be fluent in Microsoft Excel in order to get a secretary job at Brigham Young University. Gee whiz. Oh well. I did not let that ruin my wonderful day. I left the Wilkie, pulled out my iPod and turned on "Till Kingdom Come" by Coldplay and I just went bobbing along my merry way across campus all the way home. I also listened to "Caroline" by Chicago. Great great songs! Check them out. Seriously. Do it.
I don't really know what the point of this blog was....I was really thirsty and Stephie was in the shower so I was bored...so here's a great post! Crazy things happen in this place, but no matter how much complaining I might do about being in this place, I am glad to be in this place. I might even be beginning to like this place.
Mercy!
"It is good for us to be here." -Thomas S. Monson

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you took that quote completely out of context. I just can't imagine him saying that about BYU! Ha ha and just kidding of course. Except kind of not because wasn't he a Ute?

    --kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look like a rock hard raisin...maybe a prune! HAHA Oh wait, except no moisture left in you. Hmmm...I just picture a prune and it makes my giggle a bit. Just keep remembering J-Dawg man, the guy who made a comment in Sunday School that totally wants to be your friend, and Elder Shepherd...and you will continue to like this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a video my kids LOVE and will surely get stuck in your head:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtDjuBQgzxw&feature=related

    and also:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DJGREENBEANcom#p/a/u/2/8CLlnKsr9IY

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's step inside and raise the roof!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DJGREENBEANcom#p/a/u/1/2ffgnnE6iTc

    ReplyDelete