Monday, April 19, 2010

One, Two, Ready...Go!

I don't know if I ever blogged about my decision. My momentous decision. I'm going to Brigham Young University. The one university I have spent so much time making fun of and disliking. I'm going.

People ask if I'm excited, and I usually say, "No," or shrug my shoulders a little.

"Then why are you going?"

"I don't know."

When I say that I don't know, that's not entirely true. I do know why: Because I feel like it's where I need to be. I know I need to leave the Gila Valley, and go to Provo. I'm scared, and sad to leave this place. The Gila Valley has become my second home, and I will always love it. But I'm going to Provo. I'm going to be living with girls I've never met or heard of, and I'm going to to be one person among thousands. That's never happened to me before. In my whole life (all 19 years 10 months and 13 days of it) my name has meant something to those around me. Obviously, not everyone, but most people knew my name and knew my family. No one will know me there.

I'm kind of running in the dark with this one. It's something I know I've got to do, but I'm going to miss home, my family, my friends, the green grass of EA. So, with lots of prayers and faith I'm going to go. I'm going to be a Cougar. I might even buy a shirt.

2 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you! you are going to love it! vanessa said so. you can sue her if you don't. ha ha! anyway, congrats on making a decision!

    also, i laughed so hard at your transition in the last post. PERFECTION. honestly, is there a better transition than just saying that you're transitioning? yeah, didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take a looksie at who i found!

    http://jksorensen.blogspot.com/

    http://beavandkayla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete