Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Awkward Blog

I've considered changing the name of my blog to "The Awkward Blog," it would just fit it so well. Maybe it's just because so many awkward things happen to me. Awkward and I have become good friends over the years. We just keep finding each other, and I am certain that we're meant to be together for a long long time.

Segue.

The other night, my friend Nick came over to our abode to get some help on his English presentation (which was due the next day). We were all just talking and laughing and being normal friends, when Nick broke in, "Kelly, what happened to your eyes?! They're all dark and sunken in!" I was worried that I had a bunch of mascara caked under my eyelids (which tends to happen often). But no, my roommates assured me that my eyes were normal and I looked in the mirror to make sure. Yes, indeed they were my normal everyday eyes. Apparently my everyday eyes look like that. Nick tried to reassure me that I don't look like that everyday and that my eyes would be better in the morning.

Then Lora came up with a brilliant plan. We would run home after physics and put layers of dark makeup under my eyes and then run to English where Nick would be giving his presentation. And that's exactly what we did. I kept my head down and away from Nick until he got up to give his presentation. I stared at him long and hard until he caught my eyes; I can say that I successfully made him lose his train of thought for several seconds. I think Nick is still ruffled by that one. Oh, but what a good plan it was!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That gave me a good laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha!!! You got him!

    So were you that sick? Did you throw up and stuff? How many days were you sick? Are you all better now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, a post! and i just saw this--it's from a collection of famous movie quotes as if written by a proper englishman:

    “There is a herptile in my western footwear!”
    - Toy Story

    ReplyDelete