Monday, September 28, 2009

Missionaries

The past week was REALLY busy. I don't really want to blog about the whole thing because it wouldn't be very interesting to read even though it was busy. I will just write about it in my journal and let my posterity mull that one over in the future.

I did get a few offers of marriage from this past week though. So all in all it wasn't completely boring. Although, the offers were not from the men themselves, but from their mothers and/or sisters. So I don't know if they even count. One of them was actually a very exciting idea. Mainly because the man in question happened to have one of the best voices I have ever heard in my life. Who could say no to a man who sounded like a cross between Jack Johnson and John Mayer? Astounding. He was also very cute and a worthy priesthood holder. Who could say no to that? Unfortunately--or fortunately--I don't happen to be the flirty, outgoing type who can get anyone to like her just by batting her eyes and giggling quietly. No, I tend to be extremely shy around people I don't know. To the point of absolute awkwardness. And to top it off, I do not have a delicate laugh. Whatsoever.

So to all of that I say, what do I need boyfriends for? I have three missionaries! You didn't know that did you? Well I do. Here's the scoop:


Missionary #1: Elder Jacob Ian Duthie
Baton Rouge, Louisiana Mission
April 2009-April 2011
Jake has been my best friend since seventh grade. We're really close. He actually did ask me to wait for him. (Well he asked another girl too, but no one needs to know that.) Nevertheless, he did ask, and we will still be good friends no matter what. He played football in high school, he wrestled for the first few years too. He was also on the AcaDec team, and in drama. He loves to argue, even if he knows he's wrong. He just likes to push one's buttons.


Missionary #2: Elder William Jordon Udall
Guatemala City South Mission
August 2009-2011

I met Jordon here at EA. We were in the same ward and he lived just upstairs from me for my first year. He usually had Guns N' Roses playing and I could hear it when I did laundry. We got to be really good friends in our college algebra class. Jordon played the trumpet in the marching band and was also in the A Capella Choir. Despite being from Eager--something we argue about constantly--he is a good guy.



Missionary #3: Elder Jason Michael Shelton

Guayaquil Ecuador Mission

August 2009-August 2011


I know he looks kind of weird in this picture, but it's the only one I had. Just to clarify for those of you who know Jason. He actually is not one I would ever like more than a friend. We got to be really good friends during the school year and this summer. We were just pals, more like siblings than anything else. He gave me permission to use him as an excuse to get out of dates with creepy guys and such. Jason is a lot of fun. He's like a seven-year-old. He's literally bouncing off the walls all the time and is really gung-ho about being a missionary. Jason is just a really good friend to have.

Missionary #4: Sister Lynnette Badger

Edmonton Canada Mission

August 2008-February 2010

And this is my most important missionary of them all! My sister! She is really the best friend I have ever had. I can talk to her about anything and I love her to pieces! I'm so excited for her to get home soon even though I'm absolutely thrilled that she is on her mission. I just can't get married until she does, or until she gives me permission.

So there you have it. The complete list of Kelly's missionaries and all the reasons I can't have a boyfriend. My missionary letter writing schedule is just much too pressing.

2 comments:

  1. is it just me or is that picture of jordon a cross between jacob duthie and david weech? congrats on the proposals! who were the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! How are you my friend! I didn't know you had a blog! Good to know! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete