Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bath Time and a Wales of a Time

I was only slightly enraged when I found out that we would only be in Bath for a few measly hours. BATH!!!
But within those few hours I had more than enough time to visit the Jane Austen Centre, where I learned about the Regency Era via giant posters of Jane Austen quotes which I mean...was cool, but I sort of knew all of what they showed me because I've read Jane Austen novels...so...But the centre had a great gift shop, even a whole room dedicated to Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy {what?!}. 

Then it was off to the Roman Baths, which were incredible. Bath was lovely and lively and everything I imagined. My only disappointment was not having enough time to have tea in the Pump Room. I'll have to do that on the next trip to England. 




WALES. Could a country be more beautiful? Could a language be more confusing?

We spent a couple of days hiking about the Brecon Beacon Forest, which was simply enchanting. And when I say enchanting, I really mean enchanted. I think elves and werewolves and fairies live in that forest. I love Wales.


After our time in Wales, we spent the night in King John's hunting lodge, St. Briavel's. It's haunted. Most definitely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment