Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why the Lake District is heaven on earth.

View at Hadrian's Wall
Sheep at Hadrian's Wall
1. Cumbrian sheep--I did not know that I was fond of sheep until I went to England and saw them every day. Cumbrian sheep are especially great, and I love them dearly.


2. Landscape, landscape, landscape--Mountains, lakes, greenery, wildflowers, sheep, rock walls, all of it is majestic.


3. Scaffel Pike--I have never hiked a more magnificent mountain.


4. Citizens--The best people in the world. Everyone is always out on morning jaunts with their tiny dogs, and they are all incredibly kind. One man--Steve--will forever be a hero to the "slow group" of Scaffel Pike.


5. Authors--The Lake District is home to wonderful writers such as William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter.
The view atop Scaffel Pike


6. Keswick--I will live in this perfect city one day.


7. Romney's Kendal Mint Cake--A fantastic mint candy named for my great-great-great-grandfather: George Romney.


8. Champion Coach Drivers--Scraping by stone walls, other vehicles, trees, and boldly going where no coach driver has ever gone before.

9.  Scarves--I bought my absolute favorite scarf--the Union Jack--in Keswick.


10. Poetically Ideal--If one wishes to be inspired, the Lake District is the place.





No comments:

Post a Comment