Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Glacial Period of 2013

Holly warned me as I got ready this morning that the day was going to consist of a freezing rain. So as I innocently {and quite ignorantly I will add} walked outside this morning all spiffed up in my gear for a job interview {skirt, tights, and short heels}, I was immediately acquainted with the fact that freezing rain does not have very much to do with the actual temperature of the rain.

I grasped my umbrella firmly in my hand and prepared myself for the task of having to scrape from my car windows what appeared to be a sheet of ice as thick as the glass underneath. Knowing that my front steps are slightly {understatement} prone to iciness, I gingerly set my right foot down on the first step. Sadly, my first step became my last, as my front steps had been transformed into a veritable slip n' slide. With my legs stretched out directly in front of me {I was careful to keep my legs together, as any lady should}, I bumped my way down each step and continued to slide on my hind-quarters down my front path until I glided to a stop. I assure you that all was done in the most ladylike manner. And I would relay to you the extent of my bruising, but discussing the area in which the bruises are found would not be ladylike at all. All I will say is that I could use some sort of doughnut shaped chair or hammock.

Happy ice-skating!

-KB

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly...
    This morning I had no such helpful roommate. I was running late, therefore, decided to run to my car. The resulting disaster was anything but ladylike. I'm glad we both only ended up with bruises though, instead of broken bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! How did the interview go???

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many steps is that? OUCH!#*+?! How are your bruises now? I hope you are okay!

    ReplyDelete