Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Procrastination: The return of Senioritis

Just the other day, one of my professors mentioned off-hand the short amount of time that remained in the semester. I looked at my calendar and then did a double take. Two and a half weeks until Thanksgiving and then two weeks more until the frenzy of finals begins. My stomach has been in horrible (HORRIBLE) knots for the past several days.

Every semester this happens. Which means every four months or so, I become so overwhelmed with stress that my inner hag is on a constant rampage. Sensitivity heightened, hair more disheveled than normal, worse eating habits than usual, feeling constantly ill, et cetera. But because it's my last semester, it's worse. It is much worse.

I have senioritis. To the max! All I ever want to do is play with my friends (my five friends, count it, five! [Holly, Lora, Melissa, Jenna, and Steve]) and have dance parties in the kitchen. So what that means is that I do all my homework right before class starts and then I play all night. It's bad. Not only do I have huge projects to do this semester, but I need to apply to grad school all withing a matter of weeks.

My last week of school is going to be very productive.

-KB

P.S. Living in my house in the winter is like living outside in a cardboard box. Actually I think living outside in a cardboard box just might be a little warmer. Last week I did my homework with my mittens on. Thank you Mom for sending the extra blanket and cans of soup!

3 comments:

  1. I should have sent two blankets and more soup, but I didn't know if you'd want the extra baggage. Who is Steve? Knuckle down! You can do this! And tell your five friends too!

    Don't stress! Do the important things--one thing at a time. Don't work it up, work it down. It's distressing, but not dangerous. To rush causes tension and tension causes symptoms like knots in your stomach, etc. Choose peace. Take deep breathes, relax, and pray. Know that we're praying for you! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am I?! If you need to get away from friends come over! I'll hide so you can get stuff done! ;) PS I am sure we can find more blankets if you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you can totally do this! You make it through every semester beautifully! (even if you don't feel like you look beautiful...hair disheveled, twitching eyes, etc...hahaha)

    ReplyDelete