Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day One of How Many?

I survived my first day being in Utah. The people are crazy, and everybody is a runner, and no one looks at you when you pass them on the sidewalk. I suppose it would be kind of weird if everyone was chipper and friendly all the time, but is it weird that I expected that from Provo? I guess so. The good news is, everyone in my apartment complex is really nice, I even got help moving all my stuff in. It took ten minutes to pile everything in my room as opposed to the week it took to pack it all.
I applied for some jobs, took a very confusing office skills test, got a really ugly student ID, ran around in the massive library, found a backpack for $15, and got a really small and sort of crappy new phone. It's all been so crazy for me, and I feel absolutely lost and overwhelmed all the time, but it's frightfully boring to blog about. Believe me.
Just know that most of all, I am so grateful that my roommates are Lynnette and Stephenie. I couldn't ask for anything better, and I feel super lucky to have them.
My brother-in-law shared some wise words with me today: "Dear Kelly, work harder."
I guess that's all I really need to do. This place scares me to death and I feel ridiculously inadequate, but with lots of prayer and hard work, I know that everything will be fine.
I hope.

4 comments:

  1. Provo is a scary place at first! It will get better I promise! And I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wise brother-in-law. You're so lucky to have him! Ha ha

    --k

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Did you ride on a cart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get such a brother in law? ;)
    I'm glad you have such good roommates. That sure makes a difference! I hope things keep going well. I'm sad that you and Lynnette so far away! But I hope this is a wonderful experience for you both.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete